Civil CAD Designer link
Location: DOF Portland, WeWork Custom House, 220 NW 8th Ave, Portland, OR 97209 (alternative location possible for Seattle or Poulsbo WA)
Dalton, Olmsted & Fuglevand, Inc. (DOF) is a civil engineering and environmental remediation design firm with an emphasis on the cleanup of upland, shoreline, and marine sites. We do site investigations, design, preparation of construction plans and specifications, and construction oversight for our projects. Our drawings are prepared in Autodesk Civil 3D with a focus on existing site conditions, topography and bathymetry, earthwork, sediment dredging and capping, volume calculations, and as-built documentation.
We are currently seeking an experienced CAD Designer to support our varied remediation and earthwork projects. The position will be based in our Portland office (or possibly Seattle or Poulsbo WA). If you have the right experience, we would love to see your resume. Salary based on demonstrated qualifications. DOF offers excellent benefits and we will consider helping with relocation costs. Come join our team!
The candidate must be proficient in usage of latest version of AutoCAD and Civil 3D, and must have the ability to put together entire sets of construction documents. The candidate must be capable of coordinating with engineers and other consultants. The candidate shall be self-motivated and must have good communication and organizational skills.
This position will assist project managers and engineers with the design and layout of civil / site engineering design drawings. Typical projects include private and municipal site layout design, geometric layouts, profiles, cross sections, grading, drainage, utility, and erosion control designs.
- Current AutoCAD expertise required, with Civil 3D CAD strongly preferred. Training to familiarize the successful candidate with specific client needs will be provided.
- Experience creating and setting up Civil 3D templates and styles preferred.
- Experience with Civil 3D surfaces and grading preferred.
- ARC GIS skills a plus.
- Surveying experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and produce high quality and accurate drawings is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with team members including effective communication and interpersonal skills is required.
- Experience working on projects from concept through final design and construction.
- Associate Degree in Civil Engineering Technology and/or CAD Drafting is preferred.
- Experience creating renderings and report exhibits using desktop graphic software desirable.
- Assists design/engineering team in project support from initial concept, through final construction drawings and construction management.
- Creates base drawings using survey information and CAD program(s).
- Verifies accuracy of drawings.
- Knowledge of plotting/printing function.
- Maintain project libraries and CAD standards.
- Prepares detail and quantity calculations.
- Verifies daily survey and quantity calculations during project.
- Prepares geometry calculations.
- Performs general administrative assistance by maintaining project plans.
- Development of project and presentation graphics.
Additional Information: Candidate must be able to legally and lawfully work in the United States without any kind of Visa Sponsorship Requirement.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
DOF is an Equal Opportunity Employer NO AGENCIES PLEASE. Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.