The Arkema Mound, located on the shoreline of the Hylebos Waterway, was an upland arsenic remediation project that included the deconstruction of a lined cell from previous remediation activities at the site. The lined cell contained primarily log waste and smelter slag that had been used on the site as road base. The excavated material was transported to an offsite landfill.
DOF provided the following services:
- Engineering services to support strategy development
- Prepared focused feasibility studies
- Prepared project design documents (Bases of Design Report, plans & specifications, and cost estimates)
- Prepared project supporting plans including Construction Quality Assurance Plan (CQAP)
- Prepared construction bid documents and assisted with selection of remediation contractor
- Prepared RFI responses and reviewed submittals
- Managed construction meetings, and conducted field inspections and observations, documented by daily field reports and photos
- Prepared progress reports for EPA
- Prepared Removal Action Completion Report for EPA.