Job Listings link
Dalton, Olmsted, and Fuglevand is always looking for skilled professionals to join our team. We encourage experienced candidates with advanced degrees, relevant backgrounds, and strong communication skills to contact us. We look for candidates who are comfortable working in a project-team environment, focused on quality, collaboration, and responsiveness. With offices in Seattle, Poulsbo, Leavenworth, WA and Portland, OR, we recruit nationally and provide relocation assistance when appropriate. DOF offers competitive compensation, an excellent benefits package and fun and interesting work environment . Send your resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Project Engineer link
Locations: Portland, OR and Seattle, WA
Dalton, Olmsted & Fuglevand, Inc. (DOF) is a civil engineering and environmental remediation design firm with an emphasis on the cleanup of upland, shoreline, and marine (sediment) sites. We perform site investigations, engineering design, preparation of construction plans and specifications, and construction oversight for our projects. DOF has opportunities in both our growing Portland and Seattle offices for an experienced Project Engineer. The position will assist senior staff with the following type of activities:
- Lead fieldwork assignments including but not limited to oversight and documentation of sediment sampling, remedial technology pilot tests, remedial system operations, and other assignments.
- Must be able to assertively direct others in the field such as subcontracted drillers, excavation contractors, utility locators, and others to consistently complete tasks safely and efficiently.
- Familiarity with appropriate state regulatory programs including appropriate health and safety regulations at level required to perform typical field and office tasks.
- Work plan preparation.
- Coordination of field work permitting.
- Coordinate and/or conduct investigations and related sampling procedures.
- Document investigation and assessment activities.
- Compile data for various regulatory and other reports.
- Documentation, data analysis/data organization, costing, and technical report preparation.
Qualified candidates will have:
- MS or BS in Coastal, Civil, Environmental or Chemical Engineering
- 5-10 years of experience desired
- EIT required, PE preferred
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent written and verbal communication capabilities
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills, and detail oriented
- Current 40-hour HAZWOPER (preferrable but not required)
- Available for typical business day work hours between 7AM to 7PM Monday through Friday with a normal work week of 40-hours, with flexibility for earlier starting times and later ending times, as well as occasional overnight shifts or travel as necessitated by project-specific requirements.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications
The candidate will perform field work in a range of weather conditions and must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record to travel to project sites, as needed.
We offer an opportunity to participate in challenging work in a small private company with a team-oriented environment. For more information please visit our website at www.dofnw.com. To apply for this position, please send your resume and letter of interest to: email@example.com. Please indicate in your letter if you are interested in opportunities in our Portland or Seattle office.
DOF is an Equal Opportunity Employer NO AGENCIES PLEASE. Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.