Mr. Cooper is a registered professional geologist and hydrogeologist with nearly 40 years of consulting and project management experience. He thoroughly knows the characteristics of many organic and inorganic contaminants, geologic and hydrogeological systems, governing environmental regulations, and remedial technologies. He is experienced in using multiple subsurface drilling, sampling, and exploration techniques to gather viable and defensible data. He is familiar with various technical systems to manage complex project data, including groundwater and vapor modeling, CAD applications, and remediation system PLCs.
Mr. Cooper has successfully managed numerous remediation construction sites throughout Washington, Oregon, Idaho, California, Alaska, Utah, and British Columbia. He is experienced in implementing remedial actions designed to suit the site and budgetary constraints for successful site clean-up and compliance with local regulating agencies. Mr. Cooper has managed construction projects ranging from small installations to multi-million dollar contracts, successfully applying many soil and groundwater remedial technologies. His experience includes working extensively with contractors and acting as a client agent to manage complex projects involving remedial equipment installation, contaminated soil excavation, and waste disposal.'
- Complex soil and groundwater exploration and sampling
- Petroleum hydrocarbons, solvents, and metals assessment and remediation.
- Remedial technology application and design
- Remedial system evaluation and operation
- Construction management
- B.S. Geology, 1979, University of Washington
- Licensed Geologist, Hydrogeologist - WA (1600); Registered Geologist - OR (G0939); Professional Geologist - ID (PGL605)
- Registered Site Assessor - Washington
- Qualified Person under 18 AAC 75, Alaska
- HAZWOPER Certification
- CESCL, WA
David Cooper; Friedman, A, Expedient Field Analyses for Semi and Non-volatile Petroleum Hydrocarbons in Soil, Proceedings of HAZMACON 90, Vol. II, p.52., 1990