Dalton, Olmsted & Fuglevand, Inc. (DOF) is a civil engineering and environmental remediation consulting firm emphasizing upland, shoreline, and marine site cleanup and environmental compliance (stormwater, wastewater, and hazardous waste management). We perform site investigations and engineering design, including preparation of construction plans and specifications and construction oversight for our projects.
We are a small firm that does big work. We have worked on some of the most significant sediment remediation projects in the US.
The successful candidate will be responsible to perform engineering tasks in support of projects that include site investigation and remediation, soil, sediment, groundwater, and surface water sampling, site inspections, and should be comfortable working in a collaborative team where roles may vary day to day to support your co-workers and meet the needs of a particular project.
Work will include a mix of field, office and remote work based on project needs and candidates' skills and abilities.
- MS or BS in Civil, Environmental or Coastal Engineering
- 0-4 years of experience
- EIT or ability to obtain.
- Available for typical business day work hours with an average work week of 40 hours, with flexibility for earlier starting times and later ending times, as well as occasional overnight shifts or travel as necessitated by project-specific requirements.
- US Citizen
- Experience with storm water management
- Experience with field data collection and site inspection
- Experience with collection of soil, groundwater, sediment, or surface water sampling.
- Experience working under Agreed Orders or Consent Decrees
- Experience working on MTCA, CERCLA, RCRA, and TSCA projects.
- Mechanically inclined with outdoor hobbies and /or experience working in construction or with heavy equipment.
- Experience working on the water or licensed for boat operation.
The candidate will perform fieldwork in various weather conditions and must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record to travel to project sites as needed.
$65,000 - $82,000, depending upon qualifications. An employee’s total compensation package includes annual salary, company-paid (employee and family) medical, dental, and vision insurance, retirement plan with company contribution of up to 15% of additional yearly compensation (no match required), company-paid life and short- and long-term disability, paid time off and holidays, and the potential for an annual discretionary bonus based on company performance.
We offer an opportunity to participate in challenging work in a small private company with a team-oriented environment. To apply for this position, please send your resume and letter of interest to email@example.com
DOF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.